Canvas Training for Beginners – first year students- it`s for you!
Dear first-year students and students who are back in EBS for a long time!
You are invited to a one-hour Canvas training session for students. There will be two identical sessions in Tallinn, and you do not need to book a seat, but come early as there is a limited number of seats.
The same training is provided to new Helsinki students as part of their Development of Study Skills Course.
Estonian Business School uses the Learning Management System (LMS) Canvas by Instructure with hundreds of other prominent Universities that seek to maximise their teaching efficiency by using the online space efficiently. Canvas is leading the way in e-learning and it is the fastest growing LMS in the world with its secure cloud-based solution. Canvas LMS empowers lecturers and students with a plethora of features all wrapped in a sleek user interface. At EBS we believe that modern learning needs to be easy, accessible, safe, and student-centred.
Canvas is a core part of you studies at EBS and participation is highly recommended.
- First session for Tallinn students: Wednesday 04.09.2019 17.30 – 18.30, Room 413
- Second session for Tallinn students: Thursday 05.09.2019 11.00 – 12.00, Room 217- computer class (room have been changed!)
- Helsinki students during Development of Study Skills Course: Firday 06.09.2019 14.00 – 14.45, Room 413
Topics covered in sessions:
- What is Canvas and what to expect
- Your profile
- Notification preferences
- Communicate with your instructor and peers
- Manage your personal files
- Keep track of assignments due
- Using the calendar and subscribing to the feed
- Submit your assignments
- Participate in a discussion
- Take a quiz
- Submit peer reviews
- Participate in a group
- Check your grades
- Using Studio
- Canvas on a mobile device
- LinkedIn Learning
Looking forward to seeing you!
Sami Soinio, E-learning Specialist